The Science Shop
The Science Centre Shop is situated at the entrance to the Centre ( Foyer and Shop Panorama ) and is the largest retail outlet of its kind in Australia. The shop has been designed to reflect the activities throughout the Science Centre and is a popular destination for visitors to the Centre itself or for members of the public who simply wish to shop.
The shop carries an extensive range of science products. From tiny dinosaur erasers to telescopes, super balls to microscopes, slime to large Galileo thermometers, beautiful jewellery – the shop has items for teaching, exploring, learning or just for fun. Inside Shop panorama
The shop welcomes school visitors and has tailored its services to enable both teachers and students to shop with minimal disruption to their visit.
- If students are shopping, the shop is included on the rotation for that school’s visit – disruption is minimal.
- In most cases – each student’s purchase is bagged, sealed with their name on the front. The purchases are then placed in a box for distribution at the teacher’s discretion.
- If teachers prefer that students do not have access to the shop, a range of Science Fun Bags is available. Priced from $3 and $5, each bag contains a selection of science novelty items, an activity sheet, a make-it-yourself sundial and a free return ticket for each student. The total value for each bag is actually $10 and $12.
- It is advisable to pre-order the science bags. Most teachers do this when they book the excursion. On the day of the visit, the bags will be available in for teachers at the end of their stay.
- Teachers may wish to peruse the shop’s wide selection of science activities and resources that will complement at least 4 Content Strands. Gyroscopes, tornado tubes, kits, telescopes, astronomical material and books are just some of the items available.
The Science Centre Shop also has many Seniors’ groups who enjoy shopping as part of their visit. There is a range of “Science Gift Bags” available for purchase. These bags retail for $5 and are available on request.
Science Fun Bags
The Science Centre shop can provide science fun bags for young guests. The costs range from $3 and $5. Shop staff can make up standard bags or they can be assembled to follow a theme such as dinosaurs, physics, light or astronomy.
The Science Centre Shop in Wollongong is gathering a reputation as a great place to shop for stocking fillers or that unusual gift. The product range includes a large array of items such as weather stations, barometers, Galileo Thermometers, electronic gizmos, jewellery, rain gauges, geological specimens, amazing jigsaws, kites and some superb umbrellas.
We accept Mastercard and Visa. EFTPOS is available and the shop is open every day from 10 am until 4 pm. For further enquiries call 02 42 865022.If you have any other shop related queries or product requests you can email shop staff at email@example.com.